Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pressed but not crushed



Whew! The kids and I spent last week with Andrews parents and though we had a good time, the packing and unpacking of stuff is always a huge job. We came back to a very busy weekend and so I'm actually still in laundry/packing recovery mode.

Yesterday, Andrew took the kids outside for a bonfire and while I was taking pictures of them I noticed these little plants growing in the cracks of the sidewalk. Although I've seen this many, many times, I really noticed them yesterday and decided to zoom in for a closer look. What you see in the pictures is the result. The squeeze that these little plants are under reminds me of what my life feels like right about now, especially the first photo. Talk about being under pressure from ALL sides, yet growing! Maybe even thriving. I pray that God would be using the pressures in my life to shape and form me for His Glory.

4 comments:

  1. MEL- I needed to hear that today- thank you so much! Love you Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thoughts melanie - glory to God who uses the trials of life for our good and can turn hurtful situations into beautiful things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,looking at those pictures,I can't help but remember the song that Susan Braun taught our ladies group before she got sick. "When the Lord said, let the weak say I am strong. Way down in my heart I thought he said it wrong. But when I saw the little lily pushing back the mighty sod--then I marvel at the wisdom of my God!"

    ReplyDelete