Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Country life


Since the snow melted a few weeks ago we've been spending a lot more time outside, playing and working. One of the chores that I've been working on with the kids is picking up all the broken branches and debris from the yard - this has brought back many, many childhood memories! I grew up in the country with 2 acres of yard and Spring was always the time for yard clean up. My dad would get out the rakes and pails (for collecting debris, especially rocks) and then we would get to work. The older I get, the more amazed I am at my dad's patience with us as there was often more complaining and arguing than actual working! Anyway, one way I chose to motivate us all was the promise of a bonfire when we were done! It was fun but next time we'll make sure that we have marshmallows on hand!

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! No trees burnt so it was a success!?

    ReplyDelete